Thursday, December 24, 2009

DIY Gifts for Christmas

Hello, everyone! Well, since I'm almost done giving everyone our "made with Love" Christmas Gifts, here are pictures of some of them. I wasn't able to take pictures of all of them. Mostly I made all the gifts this year because we are saving for our wedding in May, but I also love to do this type of thing as you may have noticed. I took pictures of some of the gifts in a hurry before I wrapped them. So sorry about the quality. Take a look.....








These are travel bags I made for the men and some of the women in our family. The ziplock bags are great for storing a multitude of things. I saw this idea on Create (Public Channel) on Donna Dewberry's show. She often has some really good ideas for non-painting projects. This one was really easy, and just like with most sewing projects the cutting and preparation took a lot longer then the actual sewing.

This is a Tote I made especially for storing a scrapbook project. It has pockets inside for scissors, markers, etc.


Sorry about the lousy pictures. I was pretty busy making these and had to squeeze in pictures before I wrapped them. This is a purse I made. It looks a lot better in person.

This is a smaller version of the brown purse from above.

This is a purse I made for my Mom. It also looks better in person.


Finally, this is a Yoga Mat I made. I did end up finding a black shoe string to use at the end instead of the white one in the picture. I made a couple of other totes. One was a messenger bag for my sister, Anna, to store her sketching supplies and take to the beach. The other was a Large Tote for my other sister, Suzie. Unfortunately, I couldn't take any pictures of these before I wrapped them and gave them away. All in all making the gifts was fun but a lot of work. I hope my family will enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment