Monday, August 24, 2009

Wedding DIY: Flower Girl Basket!




I have been busy lately working on some projects for my wedding this coming Spring. I am very excited and happy to be marrying the love of my life, Brian. Since I am a crafter at heart, I must admit that I am also very excited to inject some personality into my wedding with lots of DIY crafting projects! I 'm so excited at the possibilities!

I decided to begin with the easiest wedding project--the flower girl basket. This is a budget friendly project. I bought the basket, the ribbon and the flowers at the dollar tree. I began by hot gluing the ribbon to the handle.
I then hot glued the satin ribbon horizontally all around the basket. Make sure to use the glue sparingly in this part so that the ribbon drapes more freely--I learned this the hard way. Then I attached green leaves and artificial roses where the handle grips the basket. The final touch was the addition of the ribbon with tails. I think it looks quite cute, especially for the price. The only thing I would have done different is maybe spray paint the inside white before I started the project. Keep tuning back for more budget friendly wedding projects! My next project will be the ring pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment