Monday, August 3, 2009

Decoupage a Serving Tray








I had been wanting a victorian style painted tole tray for my bathroom for a while. I decided to make my own. I bought this serving tray at Goodwill for a dollar, painted it black with acrylic paints and decoupaged a rose I cut out of a gift bag. I glued the rose on the tray and after that dried I gave the entire thing a coat of Mod Podge Matte Finish.




I think it turned out pretty good for only having cost a couple of bucks! I love the rose on black thing, and it takes up a decent amount of room on an empty wall. I liked how it turned out so much that I am now going to make more of these to fill empty wall spaces around my house! I am a new home owner with lots of empty wall space to fill! Beautiful and oh so romantic!

No comments:

Post a Comment