Sunday, August 30, 2009

My first Painting Project!



I am always looking for budget friendly wasy to make my home beautiful. I have been wanting to learn how to paint (specifically with oil paints) for a while. I have a lot of acrylic paints already so I decided to try using acrylics first. I checked out several books by Donna Dewberry and practiced on water color paper this weekend. It didn't take me long to get the hang of it. Her instructions are pretty easy to follow and I really think you can take your mistakes and give it your own special style.
It was fun and easy to make! This is one of those Christmas pop-corn tins which I spray painted black and had been using as a trash can. I recently started decoupaging it with Victorian postcards but I stopped because I didn't like the effect. So the flower you are seeing is on the only side that had room. I wish I hadn't decoupaged it after all, but I didn't think I could paint anything half decent. Anyway, this is a cute way to repurpose something and make it special. I really liked the way it turned out. I think I will paint all those trays from Goodwill instead of decoupaging them. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment